Hummus / Houmous

Wednesday 19 August 2015


I love this quick and easy recipe for a tasty little hummus dip (and yes I am in two minds about how to spell it). Hope you enjoy!!



What you Need:
400g tinned Chickpeas- drained
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Parsley
1 clove of Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
A few pinches of Salt
(A few tablespoons water- if a smooth, creamier texture is required)

Add all the ingredients to the food processer and blend until the desired texture is reached.
I kept mine thicker, so it's not exactly a typical hummus dip. In fact, I would describe it as having a Crunchy Peanut Butter texture.
Love serving this with vegetables as a quick snack.

Great source of protein and calcium!


Serve as a dip for vegetables. I used lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cauliflower and peppers.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love hummus! (your pictures have made me crave it so much!) I always add a bit of tahini to mine to give it that super smooth texture - it's so good!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen Tahini being added in some recipes...must try that some time :) Thank Rachel x

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS