Nutty-la Homemade Chocolate Spread

Wednesday 11 May 2016




I came across this lovely recipe recently in Deliciously Ella's first book (which also happened to be called Deliciously Ella). I loved the look of it and decided to try it, making a slightly smaller jar, and using golden syrup instead of maple syrup as I'm a student and its a lot cheaper and more affordable on my budget. So here it is, the slightly adapted student version, as I've officially just decided to call it, Nutty-la Homemade Chocolate Spread. YUM.


What you need:
100g Hazelnuts
2 tbsp Cocoa/Cacao powder
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
2 tbsp water

Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and place in an oven at 180°C for 10 mins. Allow to cool.
When cooled, place in a food processor and whizz until they are a fine powder. (this usually takes 10 minutes, but varies and depends on the food processor used).
Add in the golden syrup and cocoa powder and blend.
Add the water to reduce the thickness of the mixture, but only after the golden syrup and cocoa have blended well with the hazelnuts.



This does make a very small amount, but as it is nicest fresh I think it's an acceptable amount to consume in a week (which is a task I have definitely managed to conquer). I hope you try it out, and if you do, let me know in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS