Granola Oat Bites

Wednesday 18 May 2016


When I go swimming and feel a bit peckish on the way home I'll call into the shop and get some fruit like Strawberries, Blueberries or Raspberries to nibble on on the way home, just as a pick me up until my next meal. Bananas however are great for satisfying hunger pangs and cravings because they have fibre, protein and fat. A large banana has approximately 120 calories.
After exercising your body needs carbohydrates and protein to relieve tired muscles and get your energy back up. I've put together a little recipe for Granola Oat Bites that would make for a great post workout snack, mid afternoon snack or even a great breakfast on the go! 



 If I'm completely honest this recipe started out as an attempted recipe of Granola Bars, you know the type. But I honestly couldn't get the damn things cut into squares without them crumbling apart.... so then was born the Granola Oat Bites, which are actually gorgeous if I do say so myself.
They are high in carbohydrates, Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and protein thanks to all the seeds that have been thrown in!


What you Need:
100g Jumbo Oats
2 tbsp Almond/Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp mixed Linseed
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Coconut (plus extra for rolling)
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
1 cup frozen Summer Berry (I used the forest fruit mix from Aldi)

Method:
This recipe is so simple! Just add all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix thoroughly, working the mixture until it begins to stick together in a dough-like consistency. It is easiest to get your hands a bit messy and knead the mixture in the palms of your hands.
Once all the ingredients are mixed, begin rolling it into balls using your hands, Roll in coconut and voilá!




If you want a similar recipe try my Fake Truffle Recipe or find more recipes like this on the Nuts.com website here and HERE.

If you need any more information on great post workout snacks, the Registered Dietitian, Molly Morgan, from Nuts.com put together the lovely information in this graphic below, which I couldn't help but share in this post:




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS