Treat Yourself Tuesday: Raspberry Bakewell Cake

Tuesday 9 August 2016


It's a well known fact I love food. I love experimenting with healthy foods and also treating myself to more indulgent goodies too. When I made this cake and tasted how wonderful it was I couldn't help but take a few photos for my blog here. I present to you a wonderful Raspberry Bakewell Cake, that is so moist and is delicious with a tea or coffee any time of day...




What you Need:
200g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
140g ground almonds
140g self raising flour
120g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
2 tbsp whole almonds

1. Grease and line a round cake tin with a circle of grease-proof paper on the base. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the whole almonds in a food processor and blitz a few times until roughly chopped. Remove from food processor and place to the side (this is for sprinkling over your cake before placing in the oven)
3. In the food processor, add the 140g ground almonds, flour, sugar and blitz until mixed. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract until the ingredients are combined.
4. Add half of the cake mixture to your cake tin, and smooth it until it is spread evenly over the tin. Scatter the raspberries over the top, pressing them gently into the cake mix. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top. This is a messy bit and even I had doubts at this stage. Use your fingers to spread the mixture over the raspberries evenly.
5. Sprinkle the crushed almond over the top for an extra crunch.
6. Place in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until the cake has a wonderful golden finish.
7. Cool in the tin, and then remove, and enjoy!!


Let me know what you think in the comments below!
 P.S. How cute is my mug and mini serving dish from Dealz!!

3 comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS